There are many different reasons why a lot of people want to learn to play the piano. If you are one of those, perhaps your own reason is among the 12 shown below. Don’t ignore your dream to develop into a fine pianist? Start learning now.
Let’s share those 12 reasons here:
1. There are many musical instruments and, in your lifetime, you should have the opportunity to play an instrument. So why not choose the piano? Right enough, this instrument is fairly expensive, but it’s worth the money. You should be able to play pleasing music on a piano. Get hold of a piano (or keyboard) now and start learning to play this magnificent instrument.
2. Being a fine pianist will boost your confidence. Loads of people think of pianists as refined individuals and if you really want to become among them, here is your opportunity. It doesn’t in fact matter if you’re young, old, rich or poor. There are no regulations stating that only the rich and young can learn to play a piano.
3. Playing the piano can help to maintain an active brain or mind. Let’s face it, people who habitually stay at home with nothing else to do get bored and often “get in a rut”. If you don’t want this to happen to you, a great option is learn to play the piano.
4. Life can be so boring sometimes, but if you already know how to play the piano, you may never get bored because you can carry on learning. You can challenge yourself by learning to play more demanding music. You can have advanced lessons to further expand your playing skills.
5. You can play for your family. Not all family members can play the piano but if you should know how to play, you can play some of their favourite music. In that case, you’re entertaining your family and you’re bonding grows stronger.
6. People who know how to play a musical instrument are often all the rage, particularly pianists. Some people have the notion that pianists are geniuses. It can even increase your self confidence and self esteem when other people admire the way you’re playing the piano.
7. Try to examine the hands of a pianist. Their hands are superb, right? If you want to have the same hands, learn to play the piano. It won’t be long before you’ll admire your supple and flexible hands.
8. Learning is a non-stop process. There are plenty of musical pieces to learn and you can’t possibly play them all. You should carry on playing new pieces as you get older.
9. It is fun to play the piano.
10. Nearly everyone likes to play the piano with poise.
11. You will feel satisfied and relaxed after you’ve played the piano. If you can play almost faultlessly just like the top pianists, you will be totally satisfied.
12. Build up your ego by playing the piano, but don’t be vain in the process. Everyone loves and respects exceptional musicians.
These are just 12 great reasons why it's good to learn to play a piano. There are many other reasons out there waiting to be heard but it's up to you to express that desire and take the necessary step to begin piano lessons.
No matter what your reason is, don’t hesitate to play the piano. You will feel a unique experience when you play this beautiful instrument well.